FREE IMMIGRATION FORUM
SPONSORED BY HISPANICS ACROSS AMERICA (www.haamerica.net)
WHEN: THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2015
TIME: 6:00 – 7:30PM –Spanish and English Language
LOCATION: Mount Kisco Library
100 East Main Street, Mount Kisco, NY 10549 – Community Room
PRESIDENT OBAMA’S EXECUTIVE ACTION ON IMMIGRATION
Obama made good on his promise to revamp the U.S. immigration Laws. The Obama administration instructed the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) to accept requests for Deferred Action as to removal/deportation from the U.S. for persons who are out of status (illegal immigrants) – THE NEW DACA PROGRAM. There is currently a federal lawsuit blocking the acceptance of applications for the New DACA program and other programs under the Executive Order.
This forum will provide pertinent information on:
The President’s Executive Order;
Eligibility Requirements for the NEW DACA and DAPA programs;
The impact of the pending federal lawsuit on the application process;
Under the President’s current NEW DACA program, Persons may request the NEW DACA if they meet the following guidelines:
- Under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching their 16th birthday;
- Continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Was physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making their request for consideration of deferred action with the USCIS;
- Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
- Is currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
- You must be at least 15 years of age at the time of submitting your request, UNLESS you are in removal proceedings or have a final removal or voluntary departure order.
If you are not eligible for DACA you may be eligible for another phase of the Obama Executive Action on Immigration, as well as other immigration programs.
COME JOIN US TO FIND OUT FREE HELPFUL INFORMATION